Read our June newsletter member spotlight, Avalon Housing.
Year founded: 1992
Mission: To build healthy, safe and inclusive supportive housing communities as a long-term solution to homelessness.
Key focus areas: Supportive housing
- Housing Development: Owns and manages 29 supportive housing sites in Ann Arbor and Chelsea
- Enhanced Property Management: Supporting residents with programs such as eviction prevention plans for at-risk tenants, weekly unit inspections, payment plans, goal setting, and action plans
- Community Building: Supporting tenants by building positive relationships through community meetings, community-wide activities, and close coordination with Support Services team
- Supportive Housing Services: Assisting with basic needs, helping maintain a healthy and safe household, advocating around parenting and child welfare issue, offering 24-7 on-call crisis response, and providing housing-based case management
Other Services and Programs include:
- Support with Healthcare: Providing residents with coordination of in-home primary medical care (with partner Packard Health), transportation to critical appointments, substance abuse and mental health systems, and peer recovery support
- Youth Development Programs: Helping with academic, social and emotional challenges for children and teens that have experienced homelessness
Executive Director: Aubrey Patiño
Address: 1327 Jones Drive Suite 102 Ann Arbor, MI 48105