The WHI event calendar includes details about workgroup and stakeholder activities. Each WHI workgroup meets regularly to advance its vision and improve community health, health equity, and health care.
- This event has passed.
Washtenaw County Opioid Summit
September 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Register now for the Washtenaw County Opioid Summit, organized by the Washtenaw Health Initiative Opioid Project.
This year’s summit will explore how substance use management, treatment, and recovery support services have changed in recent years, and will look at the insights we’ve gleaned from the pandemic’s effect on our local substance use disorder support landscape.
The virtual summit will consist of a series of keynote presentations along with five breakout sessions on:
- Overcoming the barriers of internalized stigma
- Harm reduction: evidence vs. policy
- Youth outreach and prevention
- Coordinating public policy to produce better outcomes
- Road-map for criminal justice diversion in Washtenaw County
The 2019 Washtenaw Opioid Summit, attracted more than 250 guests including U.S. Representative Debbie Dingell and a half-dozen Washtenaw County Commissioners; leaders of some of the county’s most effective treatment organizations; physicians, nurses, and practitioners; community members with lived experience; members of the media; and more.
- Register for the 2020 virtual summit, which is free of charge and qualifies participants for continuing education credits
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information