The first WHI Planning Group meeting of 2013 was a highly-anticipated and well-attended affair. A panel of experts from many demonstration projects across our community spoke about each project and took questions about how they work together and what gaps remain. Speakers included:
- Dr. Jack Billi, M.D. – University of Michigan Health System (UMHS). Jack introduced the discussion as a way to initiate all projects to work together to improve the health of the whole community, improve the patient experience across all systems of care, and reduce costs over time. He also spoke about the Greater Washtenaw Area Care Partners (GWSCP), an organized system of care related to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s Physician Group Incentive Program (PGIP). The GWACP includes UMHS, Integrated Health Associates (IHA), and the Huron Valley Physicians Association (HVPA).
- Lori Kostoff, Pharm.D. – Huron Valley Physicians Association (HVPA). Lori spoke about information technology issues with the various county-wide programs.
- Diane Marriott, Dr.P.H. – Michigan Primary Care Transformation Project (MiPCT). Diane gave an overview of the MiPCT.
- Tim Peterson, M.D., M.B.A. – University of Michigan Health System. Tim is the director of the UMHS population health office, which includes UMHS’ work with the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (Pioneer ACO), the Physician Organization of Michigan Accountable Care Organization (POM ACO), and the MiPCT.
- Jennifer Walch, M.S.N., R.N. – VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System. Jeni spoke about the VA’s numerous programs in the county.
If you missed the panel, you can stream the audio below, or download the audio recording of the panel and audience questions.