Read the July newsletter online for this story, and more, including:
- WHI and its partners hope to identify who is and isn’t using Annual Wellness Visits in Washtenaw County and the root causes for any disparities they find. Then, they will work to build a strategy for increasing AWV participation.
- Versell Smith, Jr., executive director at the Corner Health Center and longtime member of the WHI, talks about the history of his organization, the health inequities he sees in our community, and the many ways his organization is serving Washtenaw County’s youth and young adults.
- News of note to WHI members, such as Hope Clinic announces $5.5 million expansion campaign to meet growing needs of Washtenaw County uninsured, All About Ann Arbor, by Sarah Parlette
- Grant opportunities, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s Community Health Matching Program (deadline: August 11, 2021)
- Community resources, such as National Alliance on Mental Illness – Washtenaw County’s Peer-to-Peer mental health education classes
- COVID-19 information; upcoming WHI meetings; and more
Care about improving health, health equity, and health care for low-income, uninsured, underinsured and underrepresented people and communities across Washtenaw County? Subscribe to our e-newsletter, follow us on Twitter, attend our meetings, volunteer your time. All are welcome.