Read the August newsletter online for this story, and more, including:
- Integrated Health Associates meets community needs through personalized, high-quality health and medical services to its patients to reach patient satisfaction with clinical quality, services, accessibility, and value;
- Margy Long, director of Washtenaw Success by 6 Great Start Collaborative and longtime member of the WHI, talks about early childhood challenges in Washtenaw County and how Success by 6 is helping meet the needs of our youth and families, plus some of her proudest accomplishments;
- News of note to WHI members, such as “National funding helps reopen Shelter Association of Washtenaw County recuperative care program, Click on Detroit by Sarah Parlette;
- Grant opportunities, such as the American Cancer Society (ACS) grant, The Role of Health Policy and Health Insurance in Improving Access to and Performance of Cancer Prevention, Early Detection, and Treatment Services (deadline: October 15, 2021);
- Community resources, such as the Washtenaw County Public Safety and Mental Health Millage is offering free Mental Health First Aid trainings — request a training;
- COVID-19 information; upcoming WHI meetings; and more
Care about improving health, health equity, and health care for low-income, uninsured, underinsured, and underrepresented people and communities across Washtenaw County? Subscribe to our e-newsletter, follow us on Twitter, attend our meetings, volunteer your time. All are welcome.