Year founded: 1996
Mission: To provide school-based health programs and clinical services that improve the well-being of students, their families, and communities.
Key focus areas: Youth physical and behavioral healthcare.
- Community-based approach: Regional Alliance for Healthy Schools (RAHS) uses community centers throughout Washtenaw County to provide services. Many of these locations include schools in the area, making care extremely accessible to students.
- COVID-19 care: RAHS offers the COVID-19 vaccine series to any patient aged 5 to 21 at several of their locations. To protect their patients from COVID-19, RAHS takes the following steps:
- Limiting the number of persons in the health center at any one time
- Asking screening questions to all who enter the health center
- Scheduling patients in advance or referring patients to care as needed
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Preventative care: RAHS provides preventative care including yearly and sports-focused physicals, immunizations, sexually transmitted disease screenings, pregnancy testing, nutrition and fitness consulting, and vision services.
- Chronic condition care: RAHS provides care for the screening and monitoring of chronic conditions, such as asthma.
- Behavioral health care: RAHS provides individual, family, and group therapy.
Executive director: Angie Spence, MPA
Address: 3621 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48108-1633